It’s the time of
year to dream big and wish for better things. What better way to indulge your
dreams than to browse through some of the most amazing properties for sale?
has revealed the five homes that notched up the most clicks from would-be
buyers and wishful thinkers in 2019.
Most people browsing
through the listings on Rightmove likely have no intention of ever making an
offer on the most expensive properties in there.
But everyone can
dream of owning a Scottish castle or a footballer’s mansion, right?
Big property personalities
Miles Shipside, of
Rightmove, said: “It’s great to see such a brilliantly diverse variety of
homes available on Rightmove.
“And it’s no
surprise to see these five properties at the top of our list.
Christmas, I’m always curious to see which homes have sparked the most interest
across Great Britain throughout the year.
say, the properties with the biggest personalities or quirkiest features are
usually the most popular.
seeking interior inspiration or just want to peek inside truly remarkable
homes, Rightmove is the place to satisfy all your property desires.”
Top 5 most-viewed
Here’s the Rightmove
top five most-clicked properties:
- 1. Mansion in Chigwell, Essex, £4,999,995. Visitors to this nine-bedroom contemporary home will be greeted by a replica Angel of the North sculpture in the driveway. Other luxurious touches include a home cinema, annexe games room, two dressing rooms and an enormous garden.
- 2. Glenborrodale Castle, Ardnamurchan, West Highlands, £3,750,000. There’s more than a touch of Monarch of the Glen about this baronial mansion, which was built in 1902 from red Dumfriesshire sandstone. Its five storeys overlook Loch Sunart on the picturesque Ardnamurchan peninsula with views to the islands of Risga, Carna and Oronsay. Along with 16 bedrooms, the property sits in 132 acres and has a detached coach house, gym, boathouse and jetty. Whoever buys Glenborrodale will also end up owning the private islands of Rigga and Eilean an Feidh.
- 3. Penthouse apartment, Manchester, £3,500,000. The only apartment in the top five most-viewed properties of 2019, this four-bed flat boasts spectacular views across the city. Situated on the 45th floor of Beetham Tower on Dean Street, a luxurious, curved reception hall leads to a triple-level home with floor-to-ceiling windows, cinema room and multiple terraces.
- 4. Family home in Cheshire, £3,950,000. Located in Prestbury, this seven-bedroom family home is the ultimate in luxury living. With its own spa, indoor swimming pool and hot tub, the mansion is the ideal place to kick back and enjoy life. There’s also a games room and cinema room, with the interior laid out to maximise open-plan living.
- 5. Country manor, Exeter, £3,950,000. A 400-year-old country manor, Canonteign Manor has centuries of character, history and charm to recommend it, but its interior also boasts the very best of modern convenience. With 10 bedrooms, this property is also Grade 1-listed and comes with 10 acres of private land and an outdoor swimming pool.